✅ Best Playpen For Dogs
Being able to camp with your best friend in the whole world is the best, but if you’re looking for the best playpen for dogs to keep them safe, we’ve got 5 great ones here.
Watching 4 legs walking alongside you, watching the sun set and enjoying nature is awesome.
However, there are times when it can be safer to have your dog stay in the best portable dog pen when you’re camping. Whether it’s to keep the bugs away from your pet as you sleep, capitalise on the space within your own tent or help anxious dogs feel at home when they’re able to keep something they feel familiar with.
✅ Top 5 playpens for dogs
Let’s get straight to it. Our favourite portable dog pens for camping cover a wide range, from pop-up tents to a much sturdier build. Each has their own benefits and top priorities for keep you and your dog comfortable when out in the wilderness.
- Notice:XianghuangTechnology brand products are not licensed to any online retailer,our products are produced by qualified factories and the...
- Puppy Playpen Approximate Dimensions: 36"(Diameter) x 23" (Height). Please Measure your Pets before purchase.
At the top of the list is the Xianghuang Technology playpen with a foldable and pop-up design making it far too easy to store, get out and carry about.
This particular camping fence for dogs is manufactured using waterproof 600D Oxford cloth. With this, it is highly durable and especially useful for the ever-changing weather patterns we get here in the UK.
As well as this, the material is specially designed for easy cleaning after muddy paws have brought nature back into their playpen with them. Which, believe us, you’ll love after that one trip out you take and wonder where all the lovely bright colours disappeared to.
Speaking of bright colours, this particular camping fence for dogs comes in beige, red, yellow, pink, blue and grey. However, because dogs can only see in greens, blues and yellows, we suggest picking one of these colours so they can distinguish the Xianghuang Technology playpen when out in the wild.
- 4 Metal Hooks for holding pen on ground firmly.
- Folds flat and comes with a free carry bag for easy transportation and storage when not in use.
Next on the list is the Cell Deal folding fabric pet playpen, which is perfect for all the trips out with more than one pup by your side.
This large playpen even features a mesh ceiling meaning they’re always able to see you or at least join-in on watching the starry night sky (even if they are just gnawing on the bone you brought).
Much like the Xianghuang Technology playpen, this is one of the best portable dog pens for camping simply because it folds into a small and lightweight carry bag making for easy lugging around.
However, this particular dog playpen is slightly heavier weighing in at 2.5KG due to the 600D polyester and PVC coating. With this, you may need to leave a bag of sugar behind, but your dog playpen will be easy to clean with removable compartments.
- DURABLE & STURDY DOG PEN. Suncoo Dog Playpen is made of sturdy heavy-duty metal with premium powder coating, which makes the playpen firm...
- PERFECT FOR INDOORS & OUTDOORS. Suncoo Metal Exercise Pet Pen is not only for outdoor use but also suitable to indoors. Building a safe...
The SUNCOO foldable playpen is the camping fence for dogs in this list made with heavy duty metal to ensure a durable and sturdy playpen for the rascals loving to rub up against the walls.
One of the best things about this playpen is the complete shape flexibility. As the walls are comprised of individual modules, they can be built up to fit whichever space suits your destination. So, even if it’s a retreat to camp in the garden, you know it will fit (plus you can choose to add or remove modules to fit the size of the space, too).
This type of playpen, due to the material, is best used when camping in a campervan; it’s over 28KG making it a little to heavy to be hiking into the middle of nowhere while carrying all your other tent gear.
Again, due to the make-up of this camping fence for dogs, it is the most expensive of our picks in the top 5 best portable dog pens for camping here in the UK. But it’s certainly worth it.
- ✅💡【 Material 】: Made of high quality metal, environmentally friendly and no peculiar smell, good ventilation performance and...
- ✅💡【 Thirty-two Panels 】: This pet playpen is designed with thirty-two panels to ensure that it is large enough for your beloved pet...
Much like the SUNCOO pen, the Lucakuins black portable pet playpen for dogs is another type of fence pen.
However, it is far more affordable. While it is still comprised of modules, they can be built-up to fit the needs of the space. Not only this, but they can also be built upwards, making it a better choice for the bigger pups out on an adventure who might just try to jump the great wall.
There are 32 panels in one batch, but they can be bought in multiples and added together using clasps. This means they’re a good choice no matter how big you want the space to be or how big your not-a-lapdog-anymore dog is.
- 🐶🐹SAFE & SECURE: Keep your pet comfortable and secure in the playpen. Made from 600D Oxford Cloth, most sturdy material for pet of all...
- 🐶🐹Playpen kennel SPACIOUS:S Panel size: 72 x 72 cm , Diameter 72cm ;L Panel size: 110 x 110 cm , Diameter 110cm. Roomy 8 panel design...
Finally, in the top 5 list, is the REAYOU portable foldable pet playpen. We’ve given the biggest option and now it’s time for the smallest.
If you’ve got a puppy or a small dog, they can sometimes like to feel hugged when in their dog bed. So, if you’re after a calm outing into the forests for camping, the best bet would be to find a smaller dog pen such as this to comfort your pup.
This is another camping fence for dogs made out of 600D Oxford cloth, so it is weather resistant and scratchproof while being a very easy material to clean.
The design is unique to the others in this top 5 best portable dog pens for camping selection as it has two round structured rods. Then, a selection of straight structured rods; the pen simply folds out and when the rods are inserted into the panels, the pen is upright and secure (plus it has a removable roof!)
✅ Are dog playpens a good idea?
Playpens for dogs can be a great way of keeping your dog safe and contained while you’re away from home, but you should never leave your dog in a playpen for long periods of time, or use one as an alternative to exercise.
We’ve already touched on the many positives of playpens for dogs while reeling off our top 5 choices for 2021 camping under the great British stars. However, there are other benefits to simply having a camping fence for dogs that helps you both truly enjoy the adventure without any accidents, runaways, miss-haps and so on.
Here are the biggest benefits to having and using a portable dog playpen when camping:
- It can reduce stress in your dog
- It can reduce anxiety in your dog
- The playpen will likely smell like home to them
- It can stop them from running away
- You can do your own thing without worrying about them
- Smaller children are less likely to agitate your pup
- Your dog has the chance to roam while you cosy in your tent or campervan
- You don’t have to think about leashing your dog
- The playpen can be used anywhere from home to the beach and beyond
- Toys have a far smaller chance of going missing
- You can wander without worrying about wild animals and diseases as much
- Your pup can feel safe
- They’re lightweight for transport
- The pen be put away and taken out when needed without hassle
- It’s a safe and efficient way to provide unmanaged exercise
✅ Is it OK to leave your dog in a playpen?
Some dogs are very confident and will effortlessly roam into a new crate, cage or playpen without worry or hesitation. Others will need training. If your pup is one of those pups that requires a little more TLC and attention when walking them through the threshold, then we’ve got some tips for you.
The first step will be to feed their intuitiveness. Leave the best portable dog beds for camping somewhere at home such as in the house or garden. Keep the door or fence open and let them roam in and around, giving them treats whenever they behave well or enter the playpen, so they don’t feel trapped or punished.
After a while, you can begin to place treats, food bowls and toys in the pen. If they seem content and not stressed, you can start to feed them their meals inside the playpen, shutting the fence or door.
Make sure you open the door in the ‘sweet spot’; after they’ve finished eating and before they get a chance to cry so they aren’t reinforced for the wrong behaviour.
Before long you’ll be able to keep the door closed for longer periods of time, begin to step away and start placing them in the pen without food. But note that this can take a long time, and you should only change routine once per week with 15-minute sessions.