* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Our guide to the best camping hot water boilers makes sure you’ll never have to compromise on a warm cup of coffee or a hot shower, even in the heart of nature. Let’s dive in!
If you’re looking for a camping hot water boiler or heater, we’ve got a selection of the best ones on the market.
As seasoned campers, we understand the importance of hot water while in the great outdoors. Whether it’s for that invigorating cup of coffee in the morning, a comforting bowl of soup under the stars or just a warm rinse after a day of hiking, having access to hot water can significantly improves your camping experience.
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our top picks:
How Do You Get Hot Water Camping?
If you want hot water on demand while you’re camping, you’ll need to have a camping hot water heater.
These are specially designed appliances that heat water efficiently. They are typically powered by propane or butane and are more compact and lightweight than traditional water heaters.
The camping hot water heaters we’ve listed here can be taken on your camping trip with you and powered by a gas cylinder, if you have a reliable source of water, you can take a hot shower anywhere you fancy.
Top Camping Hot Water Boilers
These are our top picks:
This water heater from Thermomate comes with a shower head attachment and uses 2 D batteries for power. Capable of delivering up to 8L of water a minute, this heater is ideal for anywhere you’re off grid and need hot water.
You’ll need to order a flue for this heater, the manufacturers recommend one on Amazon you can get when ordering.
This heater’s very reasonably priced and will definitely make you’re camping trip more enjoyable!
- Flow rate: 8L/min
- Suitable water pressure: 0.25-8 bar
- Gas Type: Liquid propane gas
- Exhaust discharge mode: Flue duct type
- Related gas pressure: 37 mbar
- Ignition: Electric pulse, 2 “D” size cell batteries powered (not included)
- Connection: G1/2” for gas inlet, water inlet and water outlet
- ➤ ON DEMAND HOT WATER, SAVING ENERGY- Camplux BW264C is capable of delivering 10L/min of endless hot water at the flick of a switch...
- ➤ CE CERTIFIED GAR STANDARD - The 10L gas water heater complies with CE certified GAR standard throughout EU market, which features...
This Camplux gas water heater’s slightly more powerful than the previous one, being able to deliver 10L of water a minute. This one has a rain cap installed meaning if it’s left uncovered you needn’t worry about the rain, and likewise it has a drain so the excess water can escape and it won’t freeze if the weather takes a turn for the frozen!
Slightly more expensive than the Thermomate heater, this one also comes with an shower head and hose and is fully functional in heavy wind and rain conditions.
- Max hot water output: 10L/min
- Overheat protection: at 75°C
- 37mbar for propane gas & 30mbar for butane gas
- Applicable water pressure: 0.25~8 bar
- Gas fitting nut and water fitting nuts: 1/2″ BSP
- Ignition via 2 “D” size cell batteries, no extra electricity needed
- 20-min timer, anti-frozen, flame failure protection
- CE certified, GAR standard, weatherproof rain cap
- 【INSTANT & ENDLESS HOT WATER】- With a 12L thermomate tankless water heater, you can instantly enjoy continuous hot shower on demand...
- 【QUICK INSTALLATION & USER-FRIENDLY】- Thermomate BE318S comes with all necessary accessories for quick installation and ignited by 2-D...
This best selling TABODD camping water heater can give you a powerful 18L of water a minute and will provide you with instant hot water. Made with copper water devices, this heater is built to last for many camping trips and comes with a shower head and hose.
Operation: rotary knob
(25 ?) Hot water volume: 18L / min (18 kg / min)
Flow rate: 4.8 GPM
Gas type: Liquid Propane Gas (LPG)
Rate gas pressure: 2800Pa
Fire -extinguishing: Automatic fire extinguishing with electrical pulses
Exhaust options: Automatic exhaust gas
Exhaust outlet diameter: 18kg F110
Applicable water pressure: Min.0.02MPa, Max.0.8MPa, Starting pressure: 0.015MPa
Gas line (inner diameter): F 95mm oil-resistant rubber hose
Cold water pipe: short pipe or G 1/2 steel pipe
Hot water pipe: Long pipe or G 1/2 steel pipe
Dimensions: 610 x 360 x 150 mm (H*L*W)
- Safety protection: the 10 L gas water heater has several protection configurations, e.g. 20 minutes flame failure protection, overheating...
- Instant hot water, energy saving: the propane gas instantaneous water heater is able to provide 10 L/min endless hot water anywhere at the...
This RBATSALE heater’s a little less powerful than some of the others, so if you like a high pressure shower this is something to consider.
With a source of water this heater will provide instant hot water, but you do need to make sure it’s not left out in rain, as there’s no rain cap.
- Max Hot water output: 6L / min
- Types of gas: LPG
- Nominal heat load: 12KW
- Rate gas pressure: 2800pa / 2000pa
- Applicable water pressure: 0.025 ~ 0.8Mpa
- Water / gas connection: G1 / 2 “
- Exhaust pipe diameter: Ø3.54 inches
- Case material: stainless steel
- Package size: 53x35x19cm
- 2-D cell batteries
- ☀ 【High Quality】- Propane Gas Water Heater Brushed Stainless Steel Housing. Rust and high temperature resistance.Waterproof and pretty...
- ☀【Energy-saving and high-efficiency】 - Portable Hot Water Heater use liquid propane gas (LPG) and butane as the main source of energy....
Another RBAYSALE water heater that’s cheaper than the previous one, this heater is lightweight and easy to fit.
- Propane higher burning efficiency;
- Excellent stainless steel;
- Multi-level protection;
- LED screen & control buttons;
- Wall mounting design and wide use;
- Max. Hot water output: 6 L / min
- Types of gas ： LPG and butane
- Nominal heat load: 1200W
- Applicable water pressure: 0.025 ~ 0.8Mpa
What’s The Best Portable Hot Water System?
The best portable hot water system is one that’s going to be sufficient for your needs, be easy enough to connect up and take down again and one that’s going to last.
There’s a few things you need to consider when you’re looking to buy a hot water heater for your camping trip.
As long as you have the water source, they’ll all give you hot water on demand for as long as the gas lasts, but there’s a few other things to look at before you buy.
Check to see what the water output is per minute and if that’s good enough for you. Some are much more powerful than others. Hot water heaters often don’t come with a flue so that need to be purchased separately, and likewise if they need batteries, these generally don’t come with the heater.
At the least, you’ll want a fitting kit so you can hook the heater up, but always check the spec before making the purchase.
Camping Water Boiler FAQs
The best portable water heater for camping is one that is compact, efficient, and easy to use, such as a propane-powered model or a solar shower bag.
Yes, 12V water heaters are available. They’re typically used in RVs or boats and are powered by the vehicle’s battery.
The cheapest way to run a hot water tank is typically by using natural gas, if available. Otherwise, using a well-insulated tank and lowering the thermostat can help reduce costs.